See our other CAPE SAN BLAS PET FRIENDLY BARRIER DUNES RENTALS.
This page has: Information on the Cape San Blas, FL pet friendly beaches, Pet Friendly Restaurants, , Barrier Dunes Pet Stations, Vets and Pet Care on the Forgotten Coast and Cape San Blas Beach Rules for Dogs.
Finally, a dog friendly beach where you can take your dog on a beach vacation with you! We enjoy having our dogs on vacation with us, so we decided to provide a pet friendly accommodation for you as well!
We have spent many afternoons and evenings watching dogs of all shapes and sizes walk the beach and chase balls in the surf. Our dogs love the water and beach and playing with the other dogs on the beach--we would like your dogs to enjoy it too! There are NO restrictions on when dogs are allowed on the Cape San Blas Florida beaches!
Need a DOG ESCAPE <-- See our video!
Barrier Dunes has a lot of grassy areas to walk your pet if you are not looking to go to the beach! Barrier Dunes provides a number of "Pet Stations" throughout the neighborhood so that you can easily clean up after your pet and dispose of the bags provided! And, of course, dogs are welcome on the beach ANY time! Cape San Blas, FL has one of the most pet friendly beaches in the USA!
Need a Pet Sitter? Cheryl Bullerdick will be a resident of Barrier Dunes from November - end of March each year. She is a dog lover and will dog sit, walk your dog or provide dog training while you're out enjoying a day trip (or other adventure!). If you're interested, email her at email@example.com
The Cape San Blas beaches welcome your dogs and so does Barrier Dunes! You will find Pet Stations throughout the neighborhood. You can grab a few bags when you go to the beach and dispose of them in the garbage cans at the base of the boardwalks on the beach or back at the pet stations!
See our other Pet Friendly Cape San Blas Vacation Rentals in Barrier Dunes!
PET POLICY FOR OUR BARRIER DUNES RENTALS AND GULF COUNTY
Pets are welcome at our Barrier Dunes Rentals on a limited basis. First rule is, they must be well-behaved dogs! No cats, lizards, snakes, turtles or other pets allowed! You must have prior written approval for each dog that you will bring and your pet must be housebroken and well-behaved. The pet fee is $100 per pet. You will be responsible for any damages as well as additional cleaning or treatment needs due to fleas or accidents.” Please bring your pet’s bedding as they are not permitted on the furniture or bedding. We do provide pet towels and pet sheets to help!
"For those traveling with pets, we'd like to say that we love animals in Gulf County. Within the State Parks, however, pets are unfortunately not allowed on the beach. On all other beaches, pets on a leash are more than welcome to take their owners for walks and enjoy the great water and beach." - Gulf County Tourist Development Council.
You and your dog(s) are welcome at all of our Cape San Blas Vacation Rentals in Barrier Dunes & on the Cape San Blas, FL beaches, but you need to be a responsible pet owner! See this page for a list of tips for a great day at the beach with your dog.
BEACH ETIQUETTE FOR DOG OWNERS
- Always keep your dog leashed when there is a leash law.
- Always clean up after your dog by using a poop bag or pooper scooper. You can get bags at the many pet stations in Barrier Dunes
- Do not let your dog visit with other beach-goers or dogs, unless welcomed.
- If using an official off-leash area, your dog needs to be well-behaved and must listen to your verbal commands.
- In an off-leash area, always pay attention to your dog.
Not a pet owner? Concerned about staying in "pet-friendly" lodging? We don’t think that you will be able to tell that a pet has been there before your stay! We understand the concern! The majority of responsible pet owners travel with a pet kennel and keep the pet inside of the kennel when the owners must leave the pets alone at the townhouse. We are very particular and meticulous about the cleanliness of Turtle Crawl and have a great housekeeper and Oreck vacuum! In signing our pet contract you agree to:
- Keep your pet(s) under control at all times.
- Dog is housebroken.
- Dog will be rinsed of sand and thoroughly dried before entering Turtle Crawl.
- Dogs will not be washed in the bathtubs or showers inside Turtle Crawl.
- Keep your pet(s) off the furniture and bedding at all times.
- Adhere to local ordinances, leash laws and licensing requirements.
- Clean up after your pet(s) & dispose of the pet(s’) waste promptly.
- Keep pet(s) from being noisy or aggressive and from causing any annoyance or discomfort to others. You promise to remedy any complaints immediately.
- Agree that your pets are appropriately and currently treated for flea and tick prevention & will be current in their treatment at time of check-in.
- Owners/Agents of this Cape San Blas Vacation Rental in Barrier Dunes take no responsibility for renters’ pet(s). You agree to pay for any damage, loss or expense caused by your pets.
- Excess dog hair must be swept, vacuumed or otherwise removed from the rental prior to your check-out.
TIP FOR INJURED PAWS at the BEACH
If your dog had a paw injury that needs to keep sand out, try Glad Press and Seal wrap. It goes on quickly, is fairly thick and has some traction on it beacuse of the texture. It also comes off easily without sticking to the fur but had enough adhesion ot do the trick of sealing off the area!
PET FRIENDLY SHOPPING
One of the many stores that you can visit in Apalachacola is "Petunia: For Pets and Their People"! You are welcome to bring your well-behaved pet inside!
Petuna has unique gifts, apparel and accessories for Pets and their People, including, collars and leashes, gourmet treat designer beds, pet carriers, pet bath and body products, pet life jackets, dog and cat toys, breed specific gifts, pet greeting cards, t-shirts, hats and more!
PET CARE & VETS ON THE FORGOTTEN COAST
Apalachicola Bay Animal Clinic. 187 Hwy 98, Eastpoint. 850-670-8306.
A Special Pet. 1075 Rosemont St. Apalach. 850-653-2285. Pet Grooming.
Bloomingtails. 850-227-4040. Teresa Douglas. Owner/Groom. Located in Port St. Joe, Teresa will watch your dogs at her location in Port St. Joe for a day or overnight trip.
Dog Grooming Plus. 513 E. 4th Street, Port St. Joe. 850-227-3611
Penelope's. 45 Market St. Apalachicola. 850-653-2257. Pet grooming and pet sitting.
Port St. Joe Veterinary Clinic. 411 Baltzell Ave. Port St. Joe. 850-229-8400.
Please note that the beaches of Panama City and Mexico Beach are NOT pet friendly. You stand a good chance of getting a hefty fine if you bring your dog on other beaches in the area!
Return to Home Page